Friday, March 2, 2012

Still like a newborn...


I'm ashamed to admit this, but as a born-again Christian, I have lived as a newborn for far too long. Yes, I go to church regularly. Yes, I pray. Yes, I read devotions. But, the Holy Spirit has revealed to me over the last few weeks that I'm not getting the proper nutrition I need for growth and development. I'm not feeding on His Word. Now, I could blame any number of things...busy schedule, full-time job, raising two kids active in sports/extracurricular activities, weariness, and so on and so forth. However, the problem is, truthfully, I know it really just comes down to the fact that I haven't made reading and studying the bible a priority.

That said, I have started a bible study notebook and have made a commitment to improving my spiritual well-being. I'm already finding that the more I read, the more I want to read. I marvel at the Bible's history, poetry, drama, inspiration, and prophecy. Most marvelous of all is how God Himself speaks to me through His Word and how much more I can learn about my savior Jesus Christ through it.

I know that I have only taken baby steps thus far, but perhaps I will be a toddler before long!

1 comment:

  1. I am always amazed what God reveals to me through His word. I really need to follow in your footsteps and pick my bible up more often! They don't call it The Good New for nothin'!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete