Thursday, December 8, 2011

Making a list...checking it twice...

Santa's not the only one making and checking his list this time of year.  There's just so much to do!  But, I want to take a few minutes to capture a few of the latest happenings in my world...

Noah lost his first tooth on Tuesday!  I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon.  Alex didn't lose hers until 1st grade.  He was eating breakfast and said "Daddy, my tooth is kind of wiggly and it hurts."  It was REALLY loose.  He didn't want me to pull it though.  Alex told him that Mommy hurts when she does it so Daddy got the honors.  When he finally let him touch the tooth, it just popped right out.  The tooth fairy brought him $5, which he immediately tucked away in his pirate treasure chest.  That boy holds on to his money (quite the opposite of his sis). 

Now, backing up to the weekend's events, there was Breakfast with Santa and my annual Christmas lunch with my college buddies.  Breakfast with Santa was at the high school this year, and we had an amazing turnout.  I can't wait to see how much money we raised to help the precious children of our community.  It was such a blessing to see the kids having fun while playing games, seeing Santa, eating breakfast, and making crafts.  I did notice that my kids are too quickly outgrowing Santa's lap!


At this year's Christmas lunch we got to meet Lesley's precious baby girl, Lily.  She was such a good baby while we visited.  I forgot how sweet it is to hold such a little one!  We missed Glenna being with us, and we continue to pray for their family.  After visiting for a while at Lesley's house, we went to lunch at Bronte and just sat and talked for hours. 


So, I guess I'll get back to those "to-do" lists now (I may have to remind myself 'tis the season to be jolly'). 

No comments:

Post a Comment