Thursday, November 10, 2011

Honoring Our Veterans

Caywood Elementary honored Veterans tonight with a special musical program and tribute.



Alex and 3 of her cousins participated.






As I was listening to the music and to those who spoke, I (and I'm sure many others) couldn't help but get teary-eyed thinking about those who have served our country and the sacrifices that they have made so that we can enjoy the freedom that we have today.  I can't even begin to understand what it is like to leave family, friends, and the comforts of home to serve our country in a foreign land.  I'm proud and thankful that my Daddy and both Granddaddies have served our country.  I am sadly reminded of a friend from UT Martin, Brent Morel, who gave his life in 2004 serving our country with the Marine Corps in Iraq.  My prayer tonight is that God will continue to bless our country and our veterans and that Americans will serve God above all.  And, if you know a veteran, don't forget to simply say "thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment