Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I should be in bed...

I should be in bed right now, and I'll be frustrated with myself in the morning for being up too late...but, that's often the way I roll.  After the typical nightly routine (dinner, homework, baths, nagging the kids to pick up their dirty clothes--some day they will do it without being told, right?, and multiple kisses good night), I started productively checking things off my "to-do" list.  The productivity was short-lived, though.  After ordering a Christmas present online, I then lost myself for hours in the world of social media.  Now, I am the type of person who is constantly asking myself "what do I need to be doing right now?"  The answer is typically something like:
  • laundry
  • emptying/loading dishwasher
  • reading my Bible
  • picking out clothes for tomorrow
  • making "to do" list for the next day
  • spending QT with husband and/or kids
  • organizing
You probably get the picture.  But as I began surfing tonight, I quickly realized that there was a purpose in what I was doing.  I was drawn to Galatians 6:2 - Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.  My heart aches for the many trials and tribulations being faced by family members, friends, acquaintances, and people I don't even know.  Why does it take other people's burdens to make us see the everyday things that we take for granted?  

No comments:

Post a Comment